Metro Division Rumors

martin-brodeur

Everyone knows about the whole Ryan Miller situation, but three pretty big time stories came out over the past couple of days for 3 Metro Division teams.

Rumblings in Manhattan are that the Rangers may be looking into possible deals for their Captain and US Olympian Ryan Callahan. Callahan is a heart and soul type player where his points only tell half the story. This came as a huge surprise when I first heard the news, as so many of my Ranger fan friends love the guy. Reports are that Callahan will be seeking around the $6 mil a year mark. I might be alone thinking this but that is an awful lot of money for a player with injury issues who is also not a big point guy. Yea hes a great captain and sells out every shift, but do the Rangers have the money to offer him a long term deal? As a pending UFA, he would be dealt as a rental, and you’d have to assume NY would want a high pick and a prospect in return. Probably the most shocking thing I’ve heard since trading Moulson for Vanek.

Out on Long Island, Fishstick fans heard some encouraging news about the Thomas Vanek situation. Kevin Schultz over at Islanderspointblank.com reported that Darren Dreger had a talk with Garth Snow and Snow said he is willing to pay as much, if not more than any offer Vanek receives. Snow also said he would be willing to meet the length of contract offered. He’s banking big on the incredible chemistry Vanek has had with Tavares and Okposo since coming over from Buffalo, and quite honestly, where else will Vanek get to play with such a world class talent? They have been the hottest line since December 17th, and there is no reason to believe they will slow their pace down. Tavares will be there for life, and Vanek can hop on the coattails and enjoy the ride.

Now across the Hudson to dirty Jerz, Marty Brodeur has said he is open to any situation, including a trade as long as the return is a good enough benefit to the Devils. Cory Schneider has been playing great hockey as of late, however he is getting no offensive help. There are plenty of teams that can use a veteran presence to help out in net, and Marty brings you exactly that. When asked about the possibility of a trade, Brodeur said “I’m open to anything, I just want to play. So, like I said in Toronto, if there’s a better situation for me, I’ll take it. If it’s here or somewhere else, it doesn’t matter.” If the Devils could get a good return, trading Brodeur isn’t a bad idea at all, however its one of those things as a fan of the game you just don’t want to see. Whether you love him or hate him, seeing Brodeur in a Calgary Flames jersey would just be sacrilege.

One comment

  1. I read a lot of interesting content here. Probably
    you spend a lot of time writing, i know how to save you
    a lot of work, there is an online tool that
    creates unique, google friendly articles in seconds, just type in google
    – laranitas free content source

    Like

Leave a Reply

WordPress.com Logo