Evening Picks – February 25

Good ol’ Canadian hockey eh! Montreal under the guidance of Claude Julien look to bounce back after being shut out by the New York Islanders. Toronto also looks to bounce back after a defeat from that other New York team (hehe). Without center Mitch Marner (shoulder) and defenseman Connor Carrick (upper body), the Leafs look to jump ahead of Montreal in the playoff standings.

The Pick – We here at BLB were split on this one, but for the sake of getting this post out, we feel that Julien will get his record to a 2-2 with the team tonight.

Ah the Stadium Series. Battle of Pennsylvania. A team that can fly versus an animal that can not. These teams play at Heinz Field on an unseasonably warm February day in Pittsburgh at 8pm on NBC which means we will have to battle with a creepy Pierre McGuire. But I digress. Pens are without Letang tonight and will be facing a shaky Neuvirth in goal. Expect a physical game between these two teams.

The Pick – We are feeling a Pittsburgh win. They are “home” and Crosby will light the lamp tonight twice.

The Canucks are coming off a five day break which could either mean a very refreshed team on the ice, or one that will struggle to get their skates going. Especially since they have had a “bumpy” couple of days. The Canucks have revealed that several players have come down with symptoms of the mumps. Gross. This couldn’t come at a worse time for the struggling Canucks are trying to stay in the playoff race in the Western Conference. Will the Sharks quarantine them tonight in their own home?

The Pick – Yes… the Sharks will take advantage of a contagious virus infected team. 4-1

The Sabres are another rested team that is fighting for a playoff spot behind Toronto in the Atlantic Division and the Islanders for the second wild card spot. The Avalanche have struggled mightily this season and perhaps the distractions of the trade rumors are playing a large part. Will the Avs play spoiler to the playoff hopeful Sabres?

The Pick – We agree that the Sabres are going to win this one tonight. Sorry Colorado fans.

Agree? Disagree? Leave us a comment!

Leave a Reply

WordPress.com Logo

Twitter picture