February 26 – Afternoon Games

Yesterday’s picks – 5-3 – Not too shabby, but we can do better!

There’s just something about Boston hockey. I don’t know what it is. The history, the toughness, the accents. I digress. With the carnival in Dallas which is their goalie situation, the Bruins look to come into the American Airlines Center to play an 11:30 am game…. wait…. no…. that’s right. Odd. That will definitely play a factor in the play of these two teams. Boston is ending a four game road trip and look to post a 3-1 record.

The Pick – Dallas is going to make Rich Peverley proud on Pevs Protects Day.

Well well well look at Calgary currently in a playoff position in the Western Conference. They will be using that energy as the pull into Raleigh at PNC Arena. In their last five games, the Flames are 4-0-1 riding a three game winning streak. The Canes look to break that streak while looking to start one of their own after Friday night’s 3-0 victory against the Ottawa Senators.

The Pick – Carolina has a pretty decent home record, and they average around 30 shots on net a game. If they continue to dominate on face-offs and control the game, they will end up victorious in this one.

Stay tuned for the 5:00 edition later on the Blue Line Banter.

Leave a Reply

WordPress.com Logo

Twitter picture

Facebook photo