February 28 Picks 7:00/7:30 games

Yesterdays picks = 3-0… That’s right…

 Redeem.jpg

Both of these teams are coming off of a win in their last game however the Coyotes have not won in Boston since 2009 when reality stars weren’t pretending to run the country. The Yotes also have the second worst record in the league. They recently dealt Martin Hanzal and Ryan White to the Wild and didn’t get anything back that could immediately help them.

The Pick – Boston easily takes the win.

Robin Lehner is one of those players that has a personal vendetta against me. I am sure of it. Whenever I pick him on DraftKings or ScoreBig, he falls apart, allowing 3/4 goals. When I don’t play him, the guy records a shutout or has around 40 shots on him. With that being said, I am not playing him tonight so choose your poison.

Streaking.pngThese teams are on the opposite spectrum when it comes to streaking. The Preds have won their last 3 in a row while the Sabres have lost their last three. I always like to bring that up because of the fact that someone has to get off the snide. Buffalo does have a solid power play going for them though, ranking 4th in the league when they are a man up. Look for Filip Forsberg to continue his streak against a struggling Buffalo squad.

The Pick – Nashville takes it home moving to a 4 game winning streak.

The soaring Capitals who have the leagues best record just increased their value with the addition of defenseman Kevin Shattenkirk from the St. Louis Blues. He is scheduled to make his debut tonight against the Rangers. In these teams last 10 meetings, the Rangers have gone 7-2-1 and these games average for about five to six goals a game. Other than the record, these teams are virtually identical in all of the other stats against each other in those 10 games when you talk about power plays, penalty kills, and face off percentage. Other factors to keep in mind, are that the Rangers are playing their fifth game in eight days, coming off of a 5-1 loss against the Columbus Blue Jackets.

The Pick – This was a tough one. Another split from the gang but we did eenie meeny miney mo and picked the Capitals to come out victorious.

Unfortunately this season, when your team is playing the Avalanche on a weekend night, you aren’t going to find many fans in attendance because honestly, why bother. Also, when you are the Flyers this season, it’s another addition to the why bother scenario. With that being said, this game is a toss up. The Flyers should win this game outright but they tend to play to their opponents level lately which could make for a nightmare if you choose to pick this game for some donuts. Stay away.

The Avalanche have the worst record in the NHL and both teams are out of the playoffs at this time of the season. Neither team has made any major trades but there is still time with the trade deadline looming.

The Pick – The Flyers just for the sake that they are home and the Avalanche are displaying on the ice what their team name means.

Max Pacioretty and the Canadiens welcome the Blue Jackets to Montreal as they have won consecutive games. The Blue Jackets head to Canada after destroying two of the New York teams by a combined score of 11-2. These teams have not seen each other since December 23 when Columbus won by a score of 2-1. This is the first time this season that the Blue Jackets will face Carey Price so keep that in mind when picking your team in this game.

The Pick – Columbus will continue to dominate and light up the lamp a couple more times tonight.

The Florida Panthers are the mid life crisis team in the NHL. Last year they seemed all put together and looked healthy. This year, they have a new look, found a new group to hang out with and we just didn’t know who our old friend Flo was anymore. Then this month, we started to see our old pal again with a 5-0-0 road trip. Flo can’t find the permanent rhythm though. Roberto Luongo looks lost, and they can’t find their niche at home losing their last 4 games in Sunrise, Florida. The Hurricanes need to stay out of the box as they average 6.1 penalty minutes a game. No wonder they have the best penalty kill in the league, they take enough penalties to create a significant statistic.

The Pick – Carolina will be victorious tonight.

Stay tuned this afternoon for our late night picks! Good luck!

Michelle Passi is the creator and administrator of the Blue Line Banter. Follow her on Twitter @Buttercluck15

Leave a Reply

WordPress.com Logo

Twitter picture