March 3 Top 3!

Yesterday’s picks – 2-1… We didn’t steer you wrong on which games to watch for the entertainment factor. All three were emotional, nail biters. We got you covered don’t worry.

If the Winnipeg Jets want to make it into the playoffs, now is the time. They sit five points being the St. Louis Blues for the second wild-card spot in the Western Conference. The term “must win” is an absolute understatement for this game. The amount of ground that the Jets need to make up is significant, but a loss of two points tonight would make it a lot more difficult. Both teams are riding losing streaks coming into this game with the Blues losing their last four games and the Jets their last two. Neither team holds a significant statistic that makes them an absolute favorite in this game, so look for two desperate teams to make some noise tonight.

The Pick – We would like to see the Jets fans hopes stick around for a little longer, so we are going with Winnipeg tonight.

EDIT: Greiss in net for the Isles… Isles fans regain hope (Thanks Coach Weight)

The Islanders will face a very challenging task tonight as they face the Chicago Blackhawks. New York will suit up their back up goalie against an offensively dominating team which does make for a potentially lop sided game. We chose this one though because watching the Blackhawks is always entertaining, but whenever teams are facing a “must win” situation, it makes for a great game. The Islanders are going into Chicago after a win in Dallas, and with players like John Tavares, the offense can really get going. They also are sitting in the second wild-card spot in the Eastern Conference where every point is crucial. If New York’s defense can find a way to stop “Hat-trick” Kane, there’s a chance this could be an interesting game.

The Pick – I love the Islanders with all of my heart but Chicago is going to win this one.

Both teams cannot afford to drop any points. The Toronto Maple Leafs are tied with the New York Islanders for the second wild-card spot in the Eastern Conference. The Islanders have played one less game that the Leafs so they are in control of the last spot for now. The Ducks are third in the Pacific Division trailing the Oilers by two points but the Calgary Flames are creeping up only two points behind them. The Ducks are coming off their bye week, and like we mentioned in previous posts, that off week has not been friendly to teams in their first game back. Unfortunately John Gibson will miss his third consecutive game due to a lower body injury.

The Pick – Toronto will prevail.

Michelle Passi is the owner and administrator of the Blue Line Banter.
Follow her on Twitter @Buttercluck15

Leave a Reply

WordPress.com Logo

Twitter picture